There are lots of great places to take children this summer, but if you’re not careful you can end up spending a fortune. So knowing just how costly the 6 week summer holidays can be, we have concluded a fabulous list of simple activities for children that are fun and won’t break the bank.
- Picnicking in the park, on the beach or even in your own garden. On rainy days set a picnic up in the living room. Kids will have just as much fun.
- Baking – all kids love to cook – the secret of cooking with kids is to be organized. Make sure you have your children’s aprons, kids cooking sets, cake cases and toppings ready.
- Making and playing with playdough – this will keep the kids entertained for hours as they make all different shapes and models.
- Treasure Hunts – the beauty of this activity is it can be done inside or out. Hide lots of fun exciting treats for the children to find.
- Scavenger Hunts – Draw or write a list of all the different things the children have to find. This fun activity is one for both indoors and outdoors.
- Gardening – Spend many fun hours gardening with your kids. Treat them to their very own kids gardening sets or buy them their own watering can kit. Planting seeds with children can also be great fun. We also love picking your own flowers, vegetables and fruits from the garden.
- Sandpits – Kids love playing with sand, so a sand pit in the garden will provide hours and hours of fun. Don’t just use traditional buckets and spades. Plastic dinosaurs, for example, are fantastic to play with in the sand! We also love adding dump trucks and army figures to the sandpit.
- Water Fun – Kids love to get wet, especially on warm days, so why not invest in some waterbombs, super soakers, squirters and paddling pools. Just make sure you have the kids’ towels ready for when they’ve finished!
As we’ve mentioned earlier days out are great fun, but they can be rather expensive which is why it’s also important to plan activities or days out that also cost very little money.
Below is a list of some of the fun tried and tested days out we, at What 2 Buy 4 Kids would, recommend :
- Lazer Quest
- National Trust
- Mini golf
- Play centres
- Theme Parks
- Ice skating
- Adventure farms
If you have any other great suggestions for keeping the children entertained this summer we would love to hear from you. Please share your ideas with us below by posting a comment.